RA|CA Application Information
Attention! CSB Students: Apply and interview for an RA/CA position for the 2017-2018 academic school year!
RA/CAs are vital members of the Residential Life team, working with Area Coordinators and Residence Directors, maintenance and custodial staff, security, support staff and management staff to provide resources that serve our residents' needs. Most of all, RA/CAs are expected to be people who respect and care about the rights and dignity of all people, who challenge and support growth in themselves and others, and who strive to create a welcoming, positive learning environment for all residents.
Wondering what an RA/CA's job is like? Watch our YouTube video!
Timeline for Spring 2017 Study Abroad Applicants:
||Application Opens for Students Studying Abroad Spring 2017 (SABRO)
||SABRO Application Closes
||Interview Process for Students Studying Abroad Spring 2017
||Decision Letters Sent
Timeline for the General RA/CA Application Process:
||General Application Opens
||General Application Closes
||Returner Interview Process
||New Applicant Interview Process
||Decision Letter Sent
Students who meet the following criteria are asked to apply at this time:
- Currently enrolled student at CSB.
- Must have at least a 2.5 GPA beginning Fall 2017.
- Must have completed a minimum of two semesters of class work at CSB by Fall 2017. (Current First Years beginning their second semester in Spring 2017 are eligible.)
- Students planning to be enrolled at CSB either one or both semesters for the academic year 2017-2018.
Strong applicants possess the following qualities and characteristics:
- An awareness of what life is like for college students at the College of Saint Benedict.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Able to convey ideas and understand how others take in information to properly deliver a message.
- Can monitor and assess self-performance and the performance of others.
- Ready to embrace training and other learning opportunities.
- Able to recognize when there is a problem, and knows when to contact others to bring attention to that problem.
- Can teach others how to do something or learn a new skill.
- Able to provide and receive constructive feedback.
Click here for the RA/CA Job Description
Click here for the Application Link
Click here for the Reference Form Link