Co-Ed Kickball League Rules
Roster specifications and additions
- A team consists of a minimum six players 3 CSB/3 SJU. During regular season games there MUST be at least five players in order to play a game. These and only these combinations will be acceptable in order to play a game:
3 CSB/2 SJU or 3 SJU/2 CSB AND BOTH TEAMS must be in agreement if a team only has five players to play. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS. Failure to comply will result in a forfeit.
- All team members must have their name on the team waiver by the last scheduled regular season game in order to be eligible to play during playoffs. No additions can be made after this point. It is the team captain's responsibility to make sure that waivers are updated prior to playoffs.
- For the safety of all, jewelry will not be allowed to be worn by any players during the game. This is for everyone's safety as well as to protect the equipment.
Checking in your team
All teams (at least 1 person from the team) MUST SIGN IN AT THE CSB CAMPUS RECREATION DESK by their scheduled game time. Failure to do so will result in a forfeit. Each team must be on the court AND ready to play by ten minutes after their scheduled game time-ALL GAMES WILL START NO LATER THAN 10 MINUTES AFTER THEIR SCHEDULED TIME. Failure of a team not being on the court and ready to play will result in a forfeit. It is not the responsibility of the official/court supervisors to find teams to get their games going. It is the responsibility of the captain to make sure their team is on the court and ready to play.
1. Games are 7 innings or 55 minutes. If the time limit has elapsed and the inning in progress has been completed with the score tied, the game will remain a tie.
2. If the ball hits the field house nets it is an automatic 2-base run rule.
3. The game rules follow the basic scoring principles as baseball or softball:
- a ball caught in the air is an out.
- 3 foul ball kicks is an out.
- A double kick will be an out.
- A pitched ball that bounces above the kicker's knee will be repitched.
- there are no strikeouts or walks.
- You may throw the ball at the runners to get them out but the ball must hit the runner shoulders or below.
- There is no bunting. Kicks must reach the pitcher. Bunting will result in a dead ball and will be called a foul.
- There is no leading or stealing of bases.
- On a fly ball runners MUST tage up before running.
- Runners get one base on a throw or a kick that goes out of play (hits the FH curtains or goes outside the curtains). If the fielder is in possession of the ball and falls or runs out of play, the ball will be considered in play.
- 10 run limit per inning, except for the last inning.
- Every player present that night must bat. The batting order will be determined by the captain once all players have arrived. No changes can be made to teh batting order once the game begins. If a person in the line-up fails to bat or people bat out of order, an out will be called.
- Substitutions in the field may be made freely throughout the game.
- A kick made in front of home plate will be considered a dead ball and will be called a foul.
- Infielders may not block the bases or the baseline. The runner will be awarded the base.
- All equipment will be provided by the Campus Recreation department.
IF THERE IS ANY SUSPICION OF DRINKING ALCOHOL PRIOR TO PLAYING, THE INDIVIDUAL AND/OR TEAM MAY BE ELIMINATED FROM THE LEAGUE.
**A team can only have three forfeits. A team will be ineligible for playoffs with forfeiture of a 4th game.