Facility Scheduling Policy
Listed in order of priority, this is the order in which CSB athletic/recreational facilities will be scheduled.
- Blazer athletics & academics
- CSB Campus Recreation and CSB women's club sport teams
- Blazer (out of season) team captain’s practices
- CSB/SJU co-ed club sports, other non-sport CSB/SJU student clubs and individual student use
- SJU men's club sports, campus events and CSB Health At Work
- Outside groups - coordinated through Events & Scheduling office
Facility Scheduling Changes:
- Any group requesting a change to their indoor practice schedule from the original schedule submitted must notify the Campus Recreation Director five (5) academic days prior to the requested change. The requested change will be evaluated by the Director and groups will be notified accordingly if a change will occur.
*The overlap period for Blazer volleyball and basketball (starting October 15 through volleyball playoffs) is the anticipated time that a schedule change for Blazer Athletics would be honored. This means that Campus Recreation and/or a club sport may be displaced as long as there is a five (5) academic day notification from Blazer athletics regarding the change. All groups affected will be notified accordingly.
- Requested changes that affect regularly scheduled activities will most likely be denied (i.e. open swim schedule, IM’s, etc.) if a compromise cannot be found. All parties must work well in advance with the Campus Recreation Director regarding their facility needs.
- Requests made less than five (5) academic days will not be considered if it affects another group’s facility reservation.
Blazer soccer (fall sport), softball (spring sport) and/or tennis (fall and spring) need to move practice indoors to the field house due to bad weather. They reserve the right to make a last minute change and use the field house between 4-6:30pm unless there is a large campus or outside event being set up at that time. The Director and coaches will work to minimize the impact this last minute change may have on other groups.
All decisions are at the discretion of the Campus Recreation Director. Situations not covered by this policy or emergency situations may be termed as “exceptions to the rule” as stated above. The Campus Recreation Director always works to minimize the impact on any/all groups when changes occur.
Updated August 2014