Faith Communities (FAC)
Faith Communities (FAC)
Inspired by our Catholic, Benedictine, and ecumenical heritage, the Faith Communities Ministry at the College of Saint Benedict believes that people of all faiths and backgrounds are created in love, to give and receive love. By joining people of all faiths in community, we seek to bring greater understanding and peace to our campuses and the world. Through respectful dialogue, faith sharing, fellowship, and prayer, we explore the strengths of our common values and the richness of our differences so that we may come to better understand our call to live the mystery of life.
2015-2016 Faith Communities Staff
(Left to right): Molly Evavold, Marcus Vievering, Katelyn Strangstalien
2nd row: Kali Frederickson, Stephanie Anderson, S. Sharon Nohner, OSB, Karina Mata, and Jocelyn Alcala
Upcoming Faith Communites Events:
Our programming includes:
- Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) and catechism coordinated by Sister Sharon Nohner, OSB, Director of CSB Campus Ministry
- Eucharistic Adoration
Interfaith and Ecumenical Fellowship:
Not Catholic? Click here to learn about worship outside of campus and other opportunities and resources Faith Communities provides.
Click here to learn about the many opportunities FAC has for Latino/a students.
We offer a variety of retreats designed to bring students together to grow spiritually as a community and as individuals. Click here to learn more about the retreats we offer.
The application for leaders for the sophomore retreat is open! Click here to apply!
Reflection, Prayer, and Spiritual Growth
We provide various opportunities for prayer and reflection all over campus.
- Book Study on "Emotional Virtue" every Wednesday at 6pm in Upper Mary Commons
- Daily Advent Prayer in Mary Commons
- Daily Lenten Prayer in Mary Commons
- Candlelight Stations of the Cross, 2 Thursday's during Lent every year
- Bread and Night Blessings in the First Year and Sophomore Residence Halls at the College of St. Benedict
- Towards Building Healthy Relationships Workshop and Retreat with Professor Kari-Shane Davis-Zimmerman
- Feast of St. Benedict
CSB Campus Ministry provides a reflection room for personal and group use. All students, faculty and staff are welcome to use this space. If you would like to request use of this space, please contact Cindy at email@example.com