Faith Communities (FAC)
Inspired by our Catholic, Benedictine, and ecumenical heritage, the Faith Community Ministry team provides a variety of programs and events that foster spiritual and personal growth. The Benedictine Values are imbedded in our retreats, scripture study groups, prayer and reflection groups and faith formation events. We strive to create open dialogue with people of all faiths and backgrounds fostering deeper understanding as we explore the strengths of our common values and the richness of our differences.
"This retreat was a wonderful expereince to escape campus for a night and unplug from busy life. The retreat experience was a fun time to pray and deepen relationships with others."
-Women's Wilderness Retreat Participant 2017
Fall 2017 Faith Communities Team
Carlee Biechler, Molly Gersch, Kali Frederickson,
Magen Langer, S. Sharon Nohner, OSB,
Hannah Santiago, Karina Mata, Michelle Mendez
Upcoming Faith Communites Events:
Our programming includes:
- Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) and catechism coordinated by Sister Sharon Nohner, OSB, Director of CSB Campus Ministry
- Eucharistic Adoration
We offer a variety of retreats designed to bring students together to grow spiritually as a community and as individuals. Click here to learn more about the retreats we offer.
Reflection, Prayer, and Spiritual Growth
We provide various opportunities for prayer and reflection all over campus.
- Daily Prayer during Advent in Mary Commons
- Daily Prayer during Lent in Mary Commons
- Candlelight Stations of the Cross, 2 Thursday's during Lent
- Bread and Night Blessings in the First Year and Sophomore Residence Halls at the College of St. Benedict
Interfaith and Ecumenical Fellowship: