"Each day was filled with work that was meaningful for me and the community that I was serving. I felt that although I wanted to give so much more, my time and presence was so appreciated and needed."
ABE Participant Role:
- Commit to the team and trip preparation
- Commit to the 5 Pillars of ABE and how they apply to the trip and to life once back at home.
- Attend pre-trip meetings, a potential pre-trip service project, and the post-trip ABE Slideshow.
- Initiate and participate in fundraising activities to defray the costs of the trip
- Learn as much as possible about the issues and the culture you will be experiencing on the trip
- Represent the College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University well by adhering to all CSB/SJU policies, especially the prohibition on any alcohol or drug use
- Engage freely and enthusiastically in all direct service experiences
- Be willing to engage in group activities, such as daily reflection and work toward conflict resolution and tolerance of co-participants
- Recognize any assumptions/expectations you have for the trip and work to reduce and eliminate them in order to be open to every experience while on your ABE.
- Patience. You may not get all information as quickly as you like but you will receive all necessary information before departure. More information in Frequently Asked Questions.
Wish to apply?
Fill out the Participant Application online!
All Participant Applications are due October 18th by 11:59PM.
$100 deposit due with acceptance of a Participant position, due October 30th by 4:30PM.
Contact ABE if you have any questions at [email protected]