Center for Student Missions- Detroit, MI
Center for Student Missions- Detroit, Michigan
January 3rd-9th, 2016
What to Expect:
- Cost: Each ABE trip costs $375.
- Travel: The group will drive in a minibus to Detroit. The drive will take one day.
- Lodging: The group will either stay at the Center for Student Missions housing site in Detroit in bunk beds.
- Food: Break fast is cereal, lunch usually is sandwiches, chips, and a drink, and each night for dinner the group gets to experience a different ethnic resturant around Detroit.
- Work: The group works at a variety of external sites throughout the week which may include: Earthworks Urban Farm: urban gardens education, Detroit Rescue Mission: preparing food and cleaning the facilties, Mercy Team: hand out lunches and pray at a downtown park, and many other sites and opportunities.
- Extra Fun: This group gets the opportunity to receive a tour of the city and explore many of the unique attributes of this city rooted in deep history of music and cars.
- Focus: Social Justice, homlessness, and poverty.
Please note: $100 due with acceptance of a position!
Any questions about this trip can be directed to Alternative Break Experiences at email@example.com