T-shirts and Promotional Items
Logos, designs and language for clothing and all other items must have approval from the CSB Campus Recreation Director prior to being sold or given away on campus. Please email a copy of your design to Marcia Mahlum firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain approval.
- Clothing and product designs that conflict with the CSB/SJU mission will not be approved.
- Product designs that compete with items sold in the CSB/SJU bookstores will not be approved.
- Product designs cannot make use of CSB/SJU logos or identity unless you have permission from the Communication & Marketing Services.
- If you are going to purchase t-shirts (or any other item for your club to use or sell), upon design approval you then need to get Matt Stenson's approval for the purchase.
- REMEMBER, allocated funds cannot be used to produce items for fundraising.
- Loans may be granted to clubs that want to produce an item such as t-shirts for resale. Loans are not grants; they must be repaid before the end of the fiscal year. Loan applications can be completed by clicking here.
- Pre-sale of items not yet produced is prohibited.
You must obtain a permit to sell or distribute items on campus...even if you are giving items away for free. Call x5254 and a Student Activities student manager will complete a permit for you.
If a team sells an item other than clothing and food, the proceeds from the sale are taxable. Teams that sell taxable items must complete the following steps:
- The proceeds of the sale must be deposited into your CSB generated account.
- Connect with Matt Stenson to process deposit.
- Matt Stenson will communicate with the business office the taxable amount (7.375% of sale) to be taken out of your generated account to pay the sales tax.
If your team charges an entry fee for any event you host, that profit is also taxable. Same process applies.
If you have questions of whether your items are taxable, talk with Matt or his student staff to find out the answer.