Scholarship Opportunities for Chemistry Majors
- Dow AgroSciences Scholarship
For students interested in a career in environmental research. Two $1000 scholarships awarded annually. Contact Debra Young, Environmental Chemistry Laboratory, Dow Agrosciences, 9330 Zionsville Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46268; (317) 337-3458; email@example.com.
- NIH Undergraduate Scholarships
For outstanding students from disadvantaged backgrounds or underrepresented groups. Up to $20,000 per year of scholarship support, plus a 10-week summer internship at the National Institutes of Health for each year of scholarship, plus one year of employment at NIH upon graduation.
- The Siemens Building Technologies Scholarships
Siemens, through its Landis Division, has a Foundation that gives a million dollars in scholarships and grants each year.
- ACS Scholarships
200 awards worth $2500 each for minority students pursuing bachelor's degrees in chemistry and related areas. Sponsored by Bayer, Glaxo Wellcome, Shell, PPG and AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals.
- UNCF/Merck Undergraduate Science Research Scholarship Awards
For outstanding African American students interested in pursuing biomedical science careers Scholarship award of up to $25,000 and summer research internship stipends of $5000.
Questions: see Chris Schaller
Graduate (Predoctoral) Scholarships/Fellowships
- NSF Predoctoral Scholarships
- NIH Predoctoral Scholarship
- HHMI Predoctoral Scholarships
- National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate (NDSEG) Fellowship