Questions to Ask Employers
Questions to ask during an interview
- What is a typical workday for this job/internship in terms of hours, types of duties, etc.?
- What kind of supervision will I receive?
- What type of training programs do you have? What other opportunities are available for staff development?
- Are there opportunities for travel in this position? If so, how much? Is a car provided to traveling personnel?
- How will my performance be evaluated?
- As an employee of this organization, what do you see as some of its outstanding attributes?
- How would you describe the work environment in your organization?
- What distinguishes your organization from your competitors?
- What type of career paths do people typically follow within this organization?
- How are promotions handled? Is it possible to transfer from one division to another?
- Are there dress codes for work that I should be aware of?
- I was reading about _______, and am interested in learning more about it. Can you tell me more?
- What do you see as my greatest challenge in this position?
- Where is the person who previously held this position?
- Please describe your timeline and follow up process to fill the position.