February 17-18, 2016 ~ Minneapolis Convention Center
The Minnesota Private College Job & Internship Fair is geared toward sophomores and juniors seeking summer internships as well as current seniors seeking opportunities to get a jump start on finding full time careers and employment upon graduation.
- Employers from over 200 organizations will be available to discuss potential internship and career opportunities within all academic disciplines.
- Organizations represent the human service, nonprofit, government sectors, and for-profit/business organizations.
Who can attend?
Any current sophomore, junior, or senior attending one of the 17 Minnesota Private Colleges who has attended an information meeting, registered, paid the fair fee, and followed the requirements of their university may attend.
What types of jobs and internships will I find?
Past examples include: counseling, mental health, social work, political activism, public outreach, management, sales and marketing, accounting and auditing, government, technical, administrative and professional, computer programming and systems analysis, consulting, human resources, and retail.
Current list of participating organizations.
This list will be continuously updated through the date of the fair.
All students attending the job fair are invited to attend the special events that will take place during the fair. Preregistration for the roundtable sessions is now available by downloading the Minnesota Private Colleges’ Job & Internship Fair app, found in the Mac App Store and Google Play stores or at https://guidebook.com/app/MNPCFAIR/. Once you are in the app, click on the top right menu button and select “Sign in". Once you create your account with any email or social media accounts listed, navigate to the "Job Fair Schedule" icon. On the bottom of each roundtable session, click “Register for this session” for each session you want to register for. Please note that space is limited. Don’t miss this chance to learn about some of the potential professional opportunities waiting for you.
- Science Connect: Interested in learning more about where your liberal arts degree can take you in the blossoming fields of biomedical/medical device, pharmaceutical science, biotech, R & D, and clinical/healthcare? Join alumni and local employers for an hour of illuminating roundtable discussions.
Room: M100 J
Times: 8:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- Consulting Connect: Consultants come from all majors and all academic disciplines. Learn about the varied world of consulting – the major employers, what the work is like, and the qualifications. These will be interactive sessions where professionals will rotate between roundtables for an hour. Students will learn about and connect with multiple consulting employers. Bring your questions!
Room: M100 I
Time: 9:00 a.m.
- Jobs and Internships for International Students: Hear advice and tips from international alumni from the private colleges on how they navigated searching for internships and jobs in the U.S.
Room: M100 I
Time: 12:30 p.m.
- Meet and Greet: One last chance for candidates to network with nearly 300 organizations in a more relaxed environment!
Room: M100 F
Time: 3:15 - 4:30 p.m.
How to register for the Fair:
- Attend a Job and Internship Fair Information Session - sign up for Info Session on E-Link.
- Resume critique with a Career Counselor - call #320-363-5707/#320-363-3236 for an appointment.
- Registration form, resume, and fee submitted to Career Services on your campus.
- Uploading a resume to the MNPC's Resume Center.
- Review Job Fair Preparation/Etiquette.
Maximize Your Efforts:
- Send a customized resume and cover letter indicating your interest in a particular position prior to the Fair (to those employers accepting correspondence).
- Upload your resume to the MNPC's site; employers can view resumes and arrange pre-select interviews with candidates.
- The MNPC resume site should not be confused with E-link; before/after the fair, you will want to have your resume uploaded in our on-line career tool, E-link, as another method to link quality candidates with quality employers.