Continue to Discover Possible Majors
- Speak with faculty about major requirements and career opportunities in a major field
- Check out the "What Can I Do With a Major In...?" section on the Career Services homepage - More Info...
- Search departmental homepages for information on potential majors
Begin to Discover Possible Careers
- Identify five to ten career areas to explore
- Conduct information interviews/job shadows with alumni/ae and other professionals to gather information on careers
- Participate in employer information sessions, roundtables, and networking events
Prepare to Gain Experience
- Firm up study abroad plans in your sophomore year - More Info...
- Begin planning for internship or summer job opportunities that relate to your interests
- Work toward a leadership position in your club/organization
- Attend the Minnesota Private Colleges Internship Fair
- Check out other Fairs occurring throughout the academic year (Government Job & Internship Fair, Tri-College Fair, Sports Internship Fair, Volunteer Fair, Education Career Fair, etc.)
- Starting in early fall, regularly check E-link for internship postings and on-campus interviews for internships - More Info...
Continue to Develop Career Tools
- Make an appointment with a Career Counselor to assist with choosing a major and to explore career options
- Begin networking - More Info...
- Learn how to write a cover letter - More Info...
- Update your resume - More Info...
- Continue collecting items for your career portfolio - More Info...
- Build relationships with faculty members and staff through class and individual appointments (these relationships will be the sources of later letters of recommendation and professional references)
- Read Career Designs, a publication of the Career Resource Center, for articles on career planning and the career events calendar