2012 Career Expo
Career Seminars (1 hour intervals between 9:40 a.m. and 5 p.m.):
Alumni present at these educational sessions where students learn about careers, organizations, trends, and moving towards career goals. Seminars are NOT company information sessions, but rather alum-student career conversations. Topics include:
- Global Opportunities (offered twice)
- Standing Out: The Hiring Process from Applications to Interviews (offered twice)
- Your Liberal Arts Education in the Corporate World
- Creativity & Innovation in the Workplace (offered twice)
- Green Economy
- Sustainability - Green Careers that Make a Difference
- Communications Careers
- Careers in the Arts
- Careers in Non-Profits
- Using Your Language Skills
- Using Social Media in your Internship/Job Search (offered twice in the computer lab)
- Internships/Research/Jobs for Science Types
Career Fair (2:30-5:00 p.m.):
- Students learn about careers, organizations, self presentation, and maximizing a fair experience.
- The Fair is NOT a recruitment event for interns/full-time positions; however, organizations with positions can present them to interested students.
- The Fair will showcase up to 45 organizations representing an array of careers (arts, sciences, non-profits, business, government, health care, ...). At least one CSB/SJU alum must represent each organization.
Career Networking Reception (5:30-8 p.m.):
- Alumni Social is 5:30-6:30 p.m.; the networking time with students is 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- Alumni begin the evening with a chance to network amongst themselves over food and beverages.
- During the Reception Students practice networking with alums representing a range of careers and organizations.
- The Reception with students is NOT focused on networking for positions, but rather on students learning self-presentation skills while making alum contacts for career advice. If available, alums can inform students about internships/jobs at their organizations.