Young Alum Committee
The mission of the Young Alum Committee of College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University is to foster and strengthen the life-long relationship between the young alums (defined as 10 years or less out of college) and their alma maters; to connect with, energize and promote young Bennies and Johnnies and to support the mission of Saint Ben's and Saint John's as the nationally-leading residential liberal arts experience enlivened by Catholic and Benedictine tradition and values.
The YAC volunteers believe: "The walls of our unique community don't stop in St. Joseph or Collegeville. We strive to help young Bennie and Johnnie alums strengthen their existing friendships and build new ones. We seek to enrich their lives socially and professionally by hosting fun events that help alums and help others."
Join the CSB/SJU Young Alum Community Facebook group to keep in touch, share experiences and stories and pass on the tradition.
The Young Alum Committee is overseen by CSB and SJU staff liaisons from the offices of institutional advancement who together with CSB and SJU alum co-chairs and special projects/secretaries, work with four CSB and four SJU alum volunteers who provide programming opportunities for young alums in the following pillar areas:
- Personal/Professional Development
- Outdoor/Recreational Leadership
Recruitment and Application Schedule
- Nov./Dec.: Assess FY17 committee needs.
- Jan./Feb.: Accept new member applications and nominations.
- Feb. 28: Applications due.
- Feb. 29-March 4: Review of applications.
- March 7-18: Complete interviews.
- March 28: Determine and confirm placement of new members.
- April 24: New members attend YAC Quarter 4 meeting and Senior Dinner/Banquet at CSB/SJU
- May 2017 (TBD): New member social.
- June 2017 (TBD): YAC orientation & planning meeting.
To apply to be a Young Alum Committee member, review the general member position description and complete the online YAC Application Form. Please note that unless an unexpected vacancy occurs, we will wait until March of each year to review all applications.