Young Alum Committee
The mission of the Young Alum Committee of College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University is to foster and strengthen the life-long relationship between the young alums (defined as 10 years or less out of college) and their alma maters; to connect with, energize and promote young Bennies and Johnnies and to support the mission of Saint Ben's and Saint John's as the nationally-leading residential liberal arts experience enlivened by Catholic and Benedictine tradition and values.
The YAC volunteers believe that "the walls of our unique community don't stop in St. Joseph or Collegeville. We strive to help young Bennie and Johnnie alums strengthen their existing friendships and build new ones. We seek to enrich their lives socially and professionally by hosting fun events that help alums and help others."
'Like' us on Facebook if you'd like to stay up-to-date on future YAC news, events and opportunities.
The Young Alum Committee is overseen by CSB and SJU staff liaisons from the offices of institutional advancement who together with CSB and SJU alum co-chairs and special projects/secretaries, work with four CSB and four SJU alum volunteers who provide programming opportunities for young alums in the following pillar areas:
- Personal/Professional Development
Recruitment and Application Schedule
- November/December: Assess FY17 committee needs.
- January/February: Accept new member applications and nominations.
- February/March: Clarify needs and responsibilities with potential applicants. Encourage member applications.
- March: Review applications and complete interviews.
- March/April: Determine and confirm placement of new members.
- April 24, 2016: New members attend YAC Quarter 4 meeting and Senior Dinner/Banquet at CSB/SJU
- May 2016: New member social.
- June 2016: YAC orientation & planning meeting.
If you are interested in volunteering with the YAC, please help us get to know you better and tell us a bit about yourself by filling out the YAC Application Form as completely as possible. Unless an unexpected position vacancy occurs, the next batch of applications won't be reviewed until March 2016. Pillar Coordinator Position Description.
For more information about the YAC, explore the information on this page or visit us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/csbsjuyac.
If you are interested in other opportunities with YAC, please e-mail the YAC Staff Liaisons directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. To apply to be a Young Alum Committee member, please complete the online application.