Our Unique Partnership
CSB, a college for women, and SJU, a college for men, are two of the top three Catholic institutions among the nation's most selective liberal arts colleges. Through our unique partnership, the schools share an academic curriculum and have identical degree requirements. Women and men attend classes together and participate in activities together on both campuses. The combined student body is comprised of 52 percent women and 48 percent men.
Our Catholic and Benedictine Character
As Catholic colleges CSB and SJU are deeply rooted in our 1,500-year-old Benedictine tradition and values. Members of the sponsoring Benedictine communities are actively involved on both campuses as teachers, administrators and role models. 70 percent of students are Catholic; students from a diversity of faiths are represented in our student body.
(Click on the photos for larger images.)
CSB and SJU are located in central Minnesota's lake country just minutes outside St. Cloud and an hour from the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. The campuses share 3,200 acres of pristine forests, prairies and lakes and are characterized by a combination of historic and contemporary buildings and perfectly groomed landscaping.
- Take a virtual tour
- View a Midwest map
- View a map of central Minnesota
- Learn more about St. Cloud
- Learn more about Minnesota
Both colleges are accessible from St. Cloud, Minn., a metropolitan area of 167,000 people only minutes to the east, and from Minneapolis and St. Paul, just 70 miles to the southeast on Interstate 94. Students travel between the two campuses on the "Link" a free and frequent shuttle service. View map.
- The colleges have a combined student body of 3,995; 52 percent women, 48 percent men.
- Our students represent 40 states and 38 countries.
- 93 percent of students are traditional college age and 97 percent are full-time.
- The middle 50 percent of CSB/SJU students score between 23-28 on the ACT.
- The middle 50 percent of CSB/SJU students have a 3.5-3.9 high school GPA.
- International students: 3.8%.
- Multicultural students: 3.8%.
- See also Admission Criteria.
Our Costs & Financial Aid for 2004-05
Tuition & Fees: $22,148
Room & board: $ 6,118
Estimated cost for books for the year: $800
Personal expenses: estimated at $50-$75 per month.
Financial Aid Information
Listed among the 43 best buys in college education by the Fiske Guide to Colleges, CSB and SJU are committed to serving students from all financial backgrounds. Through scholarships, grants, student employment and loans, CSB and SJU can be an affordable option for you. More information ...