Applying for Financial Aid
Getting Ready to Apply for Financial Aid
- March 15 is the recommended deadline to apply for need-based financial aid, (grants, student loans, on-campus employment). Please note: we still accept financial aid applications after March 15. If you apply after March 15, the financial aid staff will work hard to complete your financial aid award and send it to you before May 1 if possible.
- Complete your 2013 tax return as soon as possible. Please make use of the IRS Data Retrieval feature when completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Apply for a PIN. A PIN is used each year to electronically apply for federal student aid and to access your records online. Both a parent and the student requesting financial aid should apply for a PIN.
Three Steps to Apply for Financial Aid
Complete the FAFSA. Make sure you use the correct FAFSA website which will end in .gov, not .com. You will need the CSB/SJU FAFSA codes found on the right side of this page. Remember: CSB and SJU have separate FAFSA codes.
Complete the CSB/SJU Financial Aid Application. Our financial aid application gives you the opportunity to list any special circumstances that you're not able to list on the FAFSA, and that might increase your aid eligibility.
Send the Certification Page to the CSB or SJU Office of Financial Aid. Financial aid notifications are mailed within three weeks of receiving all three forms.
Please note: the above three steps must be completed before your need-based financial aid package (grants, student loans, on-campus employment) can be determined.
How to Fill Out the FAFSA
- Watch more videos from StudentAid.Gov regarding the FAFSA process and federal student aid.
- Need additional help? Call our financial aid office (information on the right) or utilize nerdscholar.