Meet Carliene Quist
- Title: Assistant Director of Admission
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 320-363-3237
- Hometown: St. Cloud, Minn.
- High School: Cathedral High School
- Territory: Southeastern Minnesota, Texas and Puerto Rico
- College: 2007 CSB/SJU graduate
- Major/Minor: Peace Studies and Spanish Majors/Latin American Studies Minor
College Activities: I played varsity ice hockey during my first two years and was a resident assistant during my sophomore year. In the fall of my junior year, I studied abroad in Chile and returned to an internship in non-profit fundraising at the Hill Museum and Manuscript Library. Working for a college mentoring initiative in surrounding communities, the Fast Forward Youth Program, we were - proudly - the Student Employment Team of the Year for two consecutive years! In addition, I loved singing with the Campus Singers and Chamber Choirs! During the summers, I worked as a counselor for the Youth in Theology and Ministry program. I am most proud of my Honors Senior Thesis and the Fulbright Research Fellowship to Mexico that I was awarded immediately after graduation.
Fun Facts about Carliene: I am a social worker! I completed my graduate degree in social work from the University of Texas at El Paso in 2013, and I have worked in with children, students, and families in schools, hospitals, and churches before returning to campus as an Admission Representative. I was born and raised in St. Cloud (a proud 2003 Cathedral High School graduate). After living in Mexico, Texas, Colorado, and Arizona during the ten years following graduation from CSB/SJU, I couldn't be happier to be near family and represent this one-of-a-kind college-and university!
Some of Carliene's Favorites:
- Music: I love classical and choral music by famous historical composers as well as more contemporary composers and artists.
- Places: The CSB/SJU campus! I love to walk and run around the lakes, participate in prayer and Mass with the sisters and monks, and take in the multitude and variety of fine arts productions on campus.
- Things to Do: I am an avid salsa dancer. On the weekends, you may catch a glimpse of me twirling at a venue in Central Minnesota or the Twin Cities - or at a place close to you.