Meet Cory Becker-Kim
- Title: Assistant Director of Admission
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 320-363-5901
- Territory: Twin Cities
- Hometown: St. Paul, Minnesota
- High School: Cretin-Derham Hall
- College: CSB/SJU Class of 2010
- Major/Minor(s): Social Science Major/Secondary Education and History Minors
College Activities: I truly loved my time here on the campuses and all of the activities that I was involved in. I had the opportunity to study abroad in China my junior year for a semester and that turned out to be one of the most valuable and fun semesters of my entire four years at CSB/ SJU. I got involved with the Intercultural and International student center and worked as an International student mentor in that office. Because I am adopted from South Korea, I represented South Korea as part of the Festival of Cultures here on our campuses. I was also involved with the Education Club and played intramural soccer and hockey.
Fun Facts: My siblings and I are all adopted from different countries. I have also lived in two different countries, China and South Korea and during my time in Korea I tried eating live octopus which was a local delicacy in the city I lived in.
- Movies: Happy Gilmore, Air Force One, Hairspray, Cars, Miracle, The Judge, Dumb and Dumber, Yes Man, The Fast and the Furious, and Lincoln
- Music: I’ll listen to pretty much anything though country, pop rock, R&B and a select few K-Pop artists tend to make their way onto my iTunes the most
- Book: Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet (hands down my favorite book of all time). I love to read as well so there are many other books I've enjoyed reading including: The Poisonwood Bible, Strength in What Remains, Cutting for Stone, Blind your Ponies, American Buffalo, Shanghai Girls, just to name a few
- Food: Steak and Korean BBQ
- Sports: Hockey, soccer, and all Minnesota Teams especially the Minnesota Wild