Writing Sample Topics
As part of the application process, you are required to submit a writing sample on a topic of your choice or a previously written paper.
Looking for inspiration? Here are some options:
- Submit a previously written paper.
- Discuss some issue of personal, local, national or international concern and its importance to you.
- How has your ethnic background and/or your involvement with cultural activities in your school and community helped you to better appreciate diversity? How do you intend to use your knowledge and skills to further the CSB/SJU goal of deepening intercultural understanding? (Students may answer this question for both the writing sample and as the required essay for the Intercultural-LEAD Fellowship application.)
- Evaluate a significant experience, achievement, risk you have taken, or ethical dilemma you have faced and its importance to you.
- Choose another topic of particular interest to you.
- If you are a transfer student, explain why you are considering transferring to CSB/SJU.
Looking for additional ideas and advice? Check out these links.