The mission of the Academic Policies, Standards and Assessment Committee (APSAC) is to oversee the assessment of learning in departments and programs. Its purpose is to ensure high quality academic experiences so that students may achieve institutional and departmental learning goals.
To meet this mission APSAC has the following goals:
- Ensure that each department or program has a functional and useful assessment plan, solidly linked to the CSB/SJU Mission Statement, Strategic Plan, and Institutional Student Learning Goals.
- Serve as a resource to all departments and programs that need assistance in developing or implementing assessment programs. This includes recommending assessment activities in response to specific needs and questions as revealed by the assessment process.
- Support, encourage and acknowledge departments/programs that are conducting appropriate ongoing assessment and improvement activities as evidenced by their reports.
- Notify departmental or program assessment coordinators, deans and/or other administrators if there are concerns about assessment methods, results or the use of results.
- Ensure that the objectives of the educational mission of the CSB/SJU are being addressed by the assessment process.
- Ensure that assessment results are available to the campus communities and accrediting organizations.