Discover Possible Majors
- Talk with faculty members in your areas of interest to learn more about majors, major requirements, scheduling of courses and opportunities in those fields of study.
- Take classes to explore possible majors and fulfill core curriculum requirements.
- Attend a "Choosing a Major" or "Major Options" workshop.
- Check out "What Can I Do with a Major in . . . " section on the Career Services' homepage.
- Search departmental homepages for information on potential majors.
- Select a Faculty Advisor in a department that interests you.
Develop possible four-year academic plans
- Review the major requirements listed in the catalog or on the Academic Advising homepage.
- Meet with your Faculty Advisor to create a four-year plan that includes core curriculum courses, your major and experiential learning opportunities (see Discover by Doing).
- Check Webster for the record of core requirements you have satisfied.
- Build relationships with faculty members and staff through class and individual appointments.
- Apply to major(s) during your sophomore year (contact academic departments for requirements and deadlines).
- Apply for a Bachelor's Degree during the spring semester of your junior year.
Related A.T.L.A.S. Material:
Next Page >>