Discover Possible Careers
Discover career opportunities related to your majors of interest.
- Search the resources in the Career Resource Centers and the Career Services homepage, for ideas of possible career options.
- Take the Strong Interest Inventory, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator or the Self-Directed Search and discuss results with a career Counselor.
- CSB/SJU graduates work in a variety of occupations. Use the Career Alumni NEtwork (CANE) files and other resources in the Career Resource Centers for ideas on making connections between your liberal arts education and the world of work.
- Talk with your Faculty Advisor about career options for graduates in your area of study.
- Participate in clubs and organizations.
Discover more about possible occupations.
- Use the Career Resource Centers and the Career Services' homepage, to learn about occupations you are considering including education requirements, necessary skills, and job related duties.
- Complete the "Researching Careers" worksheet for several careers of interest to you.
- Go to a Career Exploration session on "What Can I Do with a Major
in . . . ?" or "Careers in . . . ".
- Speak with alumni and other professionals working in occupations that you are considering.
- Spend time shadowing a professional working in a field of interest.
- Participate in programs like Mentor for a Day, Career Networking Fairs and field trips sponsored by Career Services to learn more about career opportunities.
- Read Career Designs, a publication of the Career Resource Centers.
Related A.T.L.A.S. Material:
Next Page >>