How Can A Minor Degree in Sports Medicine Help Me?
The Minor in Sports Medicine will help prepare students to become a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist and a Certified Personal Trainer
However, students interested in pursuing the following career paths also have found the knowledge and skills developed in Minor in Sports Medicine to be of great value.
- Athletic Trainer
- Sports Nutritionist
- Exercise Physiologist
- Medical Physician
- Physical/Occupational Therapist
Important things to remember:
- Within the broad area of sports medicine, there is a diversity of career and job opportunities, fields of study, and specialty areas.
- If you are planning to apply to graduate school in one of the sports medicine areas, identify the specific requirements for admission.
- Assess your interests.
- Determine your career goals and the education requirements necessary to achieve them.
- Volunteer, observe and ask questions.
- Enroll in an introductory course in the discipline or area of study you are interested in.