Department of Exercise Studies and Sport Science Chair and
Strength and Conditioning Specialist
Year at CSB: 5th
- 1993: Master of Science degree in Physical Therapy Arcadia University
- 1991: Bachelors degree in Physical Education with emphasis in Athletic Training from Saint Cloud State University
- Fischer, D. V. Strategies for Improving Resistance Training Adherence in Female Athletes. Strengthe and Conditioning Journal. 27(2): 60-65. 2005
- Fischer, D. V. Neuromuscular Training to Prevent Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury in the Female Athlete. Strength and Conditioning Journal. (accepted for publication)
- Fischer, D. V., J. Bryant. The Effect of Certified Personal Trainer Services on Stage of Exercise Behavior and Exercise Mediators in Female College Students. Journal of American College Health. (accepted for publication on 03/15/06)
- October 8, 2002 – Proprioception in Rehabilitation and Strengthening Programs - Orthopedic Sports Center, Saint Cloud, Minnesota.
- October 29, 2004 - The Influence of Gender on Resistance Training Adherence in Division III Female Athletes - Friday Forum, Saint John's Univeristy
- November 18, 2005 – Understanding the Exercise Patterns of College of Saint Benedict Students. Friday Forum, College of Saint Benedict.
- October 14, 2004 - An Integrative Approach to Physical Fitness. Presented at the Minnesota College Personnel Association Fall Conference - Saint John's University.
- Currently the Strength and Conditioning Coach for the College of Saint Benedict and the Director of the Certified Personal Trainer Program
- Eight years as an Orthopedics Sports Physical Therapist and Certified Athletic Trainer at the Orthopedics Sports Center in St. Cloud Minnesota
- Registered Physical Therapist in the State of Minnesota
- Certified Athletic Trainer
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Sections of the American Physical Therapy Association
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- Minnesota Physical Therapy Association (MPTA)
- National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA)
- Minnesota Athletic Trainers Association (MATA)
- National Strength and conditioning Association (NSCA)
- Don and his wife Anita reside in St. Joseph with their three children.
- phone (320) 363-5581
- email firstname.lastname@example.org