2013 YTM Summer Institute
2013 Youth Summer Institute Information and Registration
The YTM Summer Institute will be from June 16-29, 2013 at Saint John's University. The registration deadline is April 15, 2013. The cost for the two weeks is $550 which includes housing, meals, and books for the classes. This is highly subsidized by our vocation partners, a grant from the Lilly Endowment, and from Saint John's School of Theology and Seminary.
Youth Application Forms
Packing Lists for Camp
Service Sites and Theology Class Forms
Summer Institute Participant Experience Videos
Who should apply?
High school youth who have completed 9th grade by the start of the summer before they would begin YTM, and who:
- Desire to explore our faith tradition more deeply with other like-minded youth and adults, through discussion, journaling, reading, prayer, and reflection;
- Enjoy participating or taking a leadership role in parish youth ministry, high school campus ministry, retreats, Region 8 Leadership Camp, diocesan youth rallies, parish council, National Catholic Youth Conference, or service and justice projects;
- Are open to serving the homeless, elderly, or children;
- Are willing to develop and complete a parish/community-based service or social justice project during the year between their two Summer Institutes;
- Can commit to a thirteen-month process that includes Summer Institute I, a weekend retreat in January, and Summer Institute II.
How can I apply?
- We are still taking applications! Complete the application forms and mail them to:
Jeff Kaster, Director of Youth In Theology and Ministry
Saint John's School of Theology·Seminary
P.O. Box 7288
Collegeville, MN 56321
- Submit a registration down payment of $275, which is non-refundable upon acceptance into YTM. Remaining payment is due upon arrival.
- Include a 250-500 word essay outlining your church or community leadership experiences and why you want to attend YTM.
- Include a note indicating whether your parent(s)/guardian(s) will attend the Closing Banquet and Eucharist.
- Please indicate if you would like to be contacted about scholarship availability.