Religious Communities Cohort Options
The formats provide significant online coursework for cohorts or groups of religious. Advantages of the cohort model:
- Fosters interaction among members of religious communities
- Broadens opportunities for religious in formation and continuing education programs
- Requires minimal time away from home and community
- Provides cross-registration among the cohorts
Master of Arts in Theology with Concentrations in Liturgy or Scripture
- 18 credits in 4 Academic Semesters Online (No campus requirement)
- 9 credits in 1 Academic Semester on Saint John's campus
- 9 credits in 2 Summer Sessions on Saint John's campus
36 Total credits (2.5 years) + Comprehensive Exams
Master of Arts in Theology with a Concentration in Monastic Studies (This cohort is restricted to monastics from men's and women's communities).
- 24 credits in 8 Academic Semesters Online (1st weekend each term at Gethsemani)
- 12 credits in 2-3 Summers On Saint John's Campus
36 Total credits (4 years) + Comprehensive Exams
Graduate Certificate in Liturgy or in Scripture
- 12 credits in 4 Academic Semesters Online (No campus requirement)
- 6 credits in 1-2 Summers On Saint John's Campus
18 Total credits (2 years)
Graduate Certificate in Spiritual Direction
- 12 credits in Core Theology Online (No campus requirement)
- 10 credits in 1-2 Summers On Saint John's Campus
22 Total credits (2-3 years)
Tuition $360 per credit* (2013-14 rate)
Available only to religious approved for a cohort or those taking courses for personal enrichment.
- Although approved for a specific cohort, students may cross-register; some courses apply to more than one cohort program.
- Religious may register for more than one course per term at the lower tuition rate.
- Registrants are encouraged to enroll in consecutive terms to complete a program of study in the designated time frames and at the lower tuition rate.
- Religious, not in a cohort, may register for any of the courses for personal enrichment at the lower tuition rate on a space-available basis.
* The regular degree-seeking rate in 2013-14 is $800 per credit