SJU Move-In Information
Important information for students living in campus apartments, houses, and residence halls for the 2014-2015 Academic Year.
When can I move in?
Newly Enrolled First Year Students:
- Move in is Thursday, August 21, at 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- There will be orientation activities for students and parents throughout the day.
Newly Enrolled Transfer Students:
- Move in is Friday, August 22, at 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- There will be orientation activities for students beginning at 12 p.m. that day.
Returning Students (sophomores, juniors and seniors):
- All residence areas open Saturday, August 23. Keys must be picked up from your Resident Assistant.
- A directory of the Faculty Residents and Resident Assistants will be posted in the main entrances of each residence area.
Arrivals before August 21:
All early arrival requests must be made to and approved by the Residential Life and Housing Office. Students approved for early arrival must make arrangements with the Residential Life and Housing Office to pick up room keys during regular office hours (8 am to 4:30 pm, M-F) from Sexton 210 or from Life Safety Services, Basement Thomas Hall after 4:30 pm. If you are part of an athletic team or school sponsored activity, that requires early arrival, your coach/supervisor/coordinator must submit a request on your behalf. Keys for members of the football and soccer teams will be given to and distributed by the coaches.
Fall Semester Early Return Request Form (CSB/SJU username and password required)
- Please be aware that campus services such as food service and other amenities will be limited prior to hall opening on August 22nd.
- Traffic into campus on Thursday, August 22, and Saturday, August 24 will be significant and parking will be limited. We encourage you to limit your travel to and from campus that day.
Check-in August 21 and 23:
- Pick up your key upon arrival from your Resident Assistant (RA).
- Thoroughly check out your residence for the Room Condition Report your Resident Assistant will complete with you. Ask your RA to make any additions to the report you feel are necessary, and sign it. (If you move in early, please connect with your RA as soon as possible to complete this check-in process) Failure to complete and sign a Room Condition Report with your RA will result in a fine.
- Freshmen are required to sign a lease when they pick up their key from the RA. Upperclassmen who did not sign a lease during room selection last spring will also sign a lease with their RA.
Residential Life & Housing
Sexton Commons 210
Saint John's University
Collegeville, MN 56321