EMT Course Offered at Saint John's
Spring 2014 EMT Basic Course Information
Saint John's University contracts with St. Cloud Technical College to offer an EMT-Basic course at Saint John's.
This course is open to all CSB/SJU students and is offered as a four credit Course of the College. Class meets two evenings per week with some weekend lab time available. Students are required to complete a 12 hour internship either at St. Cloud Hospital Emergency Trauma Center or with Gold Cross Ambulance.
In addition to tuition, this course has extra fees associated with it:
- Class Fees (charged to your student account) $470
- Practical Exam Fee $100 cash
- Clinical Shirt Fee $30
- Written Exam Fee* $70 (paid when registering for written exam)
All course participants are required to provide proof of a TB Mantoux test within the past 6 months. Proof of Hepatitis vaccination or declination of vaccination must be provided as well.
* Written exam is required to become State and Nationally certified as an EMT-Basic. It is possible to complete the course, pass the practical exam, receive a grade for the course and not become certified.
There are limited seats available for this course and competition is steep! Course admission is granted according to the following criteria:
- Attendance of informational meeting October 27th 6pm SJU Quad 264
- Completion of Application, including background check authorization.
- Personal interview -Interviews will be October 28th, 29th & 30th
Sign Up sheet at Life Safety Dispatch (Tommy Hall Basement)
- As this course is the primary source for EMT Squad membership, preference is given to Sophomore and First Year Students.