Saint John's University Archives
The Saint John's University Archives was established in 1975 to collect, house, and make available the historical records that document the origin, development and achievements of the University, its faculty, staff, and alumni. See also Saint John's Abbey Archives.
- About the Archives
- Hours, location, mission and goals, staff, contact information and policies can be found in this section.
- SJU History
- Historical information such as lists of administrators, awards, buildings, and early students as well as digitized books and articles about St. John's and a PowerPoint presentation on Saint John's and its relationship with the College of Saint Benedict.
- Digital Archives
- Many of the Archives' resources are available digitally, at you fingertips. Explore the digital holdings of the Archives here.
- Inventory and Finding Aids
- A list of items cataloged in the Archives and a directory of Finding Aids. Check here for details on the Archives' print resources.
- Photos & Maps
- Aerial photos, campus maps and photos from the collection.
- Links to the online archive of The Record newspaper and other campus publications, with indexes to their contents.
- Special Collections
- Information about the manuscript collections of Jon Hassler, Kilian McDonnell OSB, Paul Marx OSB, and Robert Spaeth.
- A timeline of significant events in the history of SJU and CSB. Browseable by campus (SJU/CSB/Joint) and topic, with links to in-depth information. NOTE: This is a work in progress!