About the Women's Choir
The Women's Choir (formerly known as the Campus Singers) was founded in 1950 as an adjunct to the College of Saint Benedict Women's Choral Club. Initial membership was eight carefully selected singers. Over succeeding years the group has become one of the CSB/SJU Music Department's major performing organizations and the only one that is exclusively representative of Saint Ben's. Performances range from campus liturgical and concert appearances to upper Midwest, national and international tours. Most recently, the choir toured the upper Midwest in the spring of 2012. The Women's Choir is currently directed by Brenda Handel-Johnson.
The choir usually gives two formal concert performances each year, in addition to tour and liturgical performances and performances with the other choirs at the colleges at the Christmas at St. John's and spring choral concerts. They rehearse every other day, and admission is by audition only. Interested students should register for MUSC 235 for 0 or 1 credit.