No matter your interests— vocal or instrumental, jazz or classical—we have opportunities that will let you stretch yourself musically. We have the facilities, the environment and the community to support your musical interests. Our philosophy is "Find Your Music Within."
March 10, 2014, 8:00 PM, Great Hall
Orchestra Spring Concert
March 16, 2014, 2:00 PM, Stephen B. Humphrey Theater
Opera Workshop Performance
March 20 and 21, 2014, 8:00 PM, Stephen B. Humphrey Theater
March 22 and 23, 2014, 2:00 PM, Stephen B. Humphrey Theater
(Suggested Donation of $2.00)
Chamber Choir & Women's Choir
March 28, 2014, 8:00 PM, Great Hall
Senior Recital: Jordan Berns, Viola and Organ
March 29, 2014, 1:00 PM, Stephen B. Humpherey Theater and Gertken Organ Studio MU 029
Senior Recital: Rebecca Haile, Soprano
March 29, 2014, 4:00 PM, Stephen B. Humphrey Theater
Senior Recital: Richard Rohlik, Baritone
March 30, 2014, 4:00 PM, Stephen B. Humphrey Theater
Junior Recital: Matthew Jakubisin, Organ
April, 4, 2014, 7:30 PM, Gertken Organ Studio MU 029 and Abbey Church
**All performances marked with an asterisk are ticketed events. Tickets can be purchased through the Box Office: (320 363 - 5777**
Overview of Program
- Accredited in 1992 by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
- Outstanding musical facilities, including one of the finest performing halls in the Midwest, several recital halls, an electronic music laboratory, numerous practice rooms on both campuses and an excellent music library.
- Students perform in professional concert spaces and also attend frequent concerts on campus by world-renowned groups like the Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra and the Minnesota Orchestra.
- The CSB/SJU music ensembles tour regularly around the United States and the world.
- Faculty members are highly credentialed, active, practicing musicians.
- Through a decades-old partnership, the Minnesota Orchestra performs one time each year at the CSB Benedicta Arts Center.
- More than half of our students are involved in one of our music programs or ensembles.
Peter Rothstein's '88 words of advice: "Do what you love. Your life will be ultimately richer because you live your passion." Not only is this his advice, but his life motto. Read more.
"A day without music is like a black and white sunset." Read how Heidi Wolak-Faber '97 continues to fill her days with music more than 10 years after graduating.
Kraig Windschitl, a 2000 graduate says: "I wanted the sacred, historical, and performance aspects of music study. This was the perfect place for it." Read more about Kraig.
Dr. Brian Campbell
College of Saint Benedict
Saint John's University