I Am...We Are...
The College of Saint Benedict|Saint John's University Orientation, Student Activities & Leadership Development and Intercultural Center believe that self- and community identity are important aspects of creating an inclusive and welcoming CSB/SJU community. The I Am...We Are... project will promote the importance of individual identity and how it contributes to the community identity.
At select events throughout the academic year, each member of the CSB/SJU community will have an opportunity to expand her or his perspective relative to the concepts of identity and inclusion by responding to questions about who she or he is as an individual (I Am...) and with which group she or he identifies (We Are...).
Students participating in the I Am...We Are... campaign will:
- Gain awareness of the concept of identity
- Reflect upon their self-identity
- Have an opportunity to share their identity with other
- Gain an understanding of the greater community identity
- Gain an appreciation for a diverse community identity