First Session: May 16 - June 21, 2013
Second Session: June 20 - July 26, 2013
The summer program in Valladolid, Spain, is mainly, although not solely, intended for students who are looking to fulfill their language requirement while completely immersing in the Spanish culture. Participants live with Spanish families for the entire duration of the five week program. The program is also intended for students who are thinking about majoring or pursuing a minor in Spanish. It provides a great opportunity to develop their language skills to an appropriate level for advanced Spanish courses. The program includes visit to historical cities such as Salamanca and Segovia; visit to museums and castles (Coca and Peñafiel), among others, and some social events such as a welcome reception and a farewell dinner.
This program offers the following courses during both sessions:
200 Intensive Intermediate Spanish I (8 credits)
- This course shall cover the thematic and linguistic content of Spanish 112 and 211. Completion of this course fulfills the core language requirement.
211 Intermediate Spanish (4 credits)
- Completion of this course fulfills the core language requirement.
- 212 Texts and Contexts in the Hispanic World (4 credits)
- 311 Written/oral Communication I (4 credits)
- 312 Written/oral Communication II (4 credits)
Courses for Management students (offered only in the second session--June 20-July 26, 2013)
- Spain: Business, Government and Society in Spain (MGMT 305A)
To be determined each year. If you take an 8-credit course, the cost of the entire program which includes room and board with a Spanish family (three meals a day, laundry), health insurance, and visit to museums, cathedrals, castles, and historical cities; it will be roughly the same or less than the same 8 credits on campus on any given semester.
- Applications due as soon as you can reserve your place.
- Deposit of $300 due as soon as you can make it.
- Deposits are refundable until January 31, 2013.
For your independent travel time, Eurailpass has several options for students, depending on the number of countries you want to visit. And Eurailpass Youth is a Website for unlimited travel for a specific time period. Our own Office for Education Abroad in ASB 109, CSB, can help you order the right Eurailpass for your needs. The recommendation from past groups is that you buy a ticket at your local travel agent for five days, four countries. If you get these in the USA, you could save more than $100.