Global Business Leadership Department
After undergoing a program review, the management major is evolving into a new program of study, Global Business Leadership, or G Bus (G Biz). G Bus is in effect for first year students starting the fall of 2011. Second, third, and fourth year students will continue to take their courses under the management major. G Bus represents an exciting new curriculum that leverages CSB/SJU's global offerings at a time when understanding how to manage and lead in a global environment is more important than ever.
The global business environment, in which change is a constant, requires a different type of leader. This new leader must have functional knowledge and analytical skills, yet be adept at leading teams of innovators. These leaders must have a global mindset that combines an openness to and awareness of diversity across cultures and markets with a propensity and ability to see common patterns across countries and markets. At the same time in an organization with a global mindset, people view cultural and geographic diversity as opportunities to explore and are prepared to adopt successful practices and good ideas wherever they come from.
The global business leadership curriculum provides an intensive, community based, 16 credit sophomore course experience. Juniors and seniors will take upper level core classes in global business and as seniors take a capstone advanced global strategy course. Students will have the opportunity to develop a global mind-set through study abroad experiences, international internships, and in-depth studies in doing business in a specific region of the world.
The links below provide you the specifics to G Bus. For further information, contact Sanford Moskowitz, Global Business Leadership Chair at email@example.com
Overview of Programs
- Graduating class of 2016: management major has been revamped into the Global Business Leadership major.
- Graduating classes of 2013 and 2014: Allows you to choose between a business administration track and a management and leadership track.
- Builds your abilities to manage people in all their complexity and make the most of your human resources.
- Lets you individualize your degree path so it meets your needs and furthers your career aspirations in ways that few other departments allow.
- Learn more about our program.
Meet Erika Rodby and other students involved with Global Business Leadership