Support for Students
How does the Service Learning Department support Students?
- Provides opportunities that complement what is taught in the classroom
- Makes them aware of opportunities for transportation (including carpooling)
- Finds alternative sites for those students who are unable to commit to the site of which they are originally signed to.
- Monitors hours throughout the semester
- Communicates with community partners when there is difficulty starting a project
- Communicates with community partners when there are student concerns and successes throughout the semester.
- Provides trainings and educational opportunities that will enhance student performance in projects (Cooperative Games Training and Mentor Training)
- Facilitates reflection sessions in and outside of class.
- Creates an awareness of expectations in regards to service learning (through initial presentations and on-going communication throughout the semester).
- Arranges for community partners to hold interviews on campus and attend on-campus reflections