The CSB/SJU internship experience integrates academic classroom learning with practical application and skill development in a professional work setting. Students are also given an opportunity to explore a career choice and develop an intellectual and professional network.
- Internships generally run 10-20 hours per week over a 16-week semester or 12 weeks over the summer.
- During the academic year, students typically participate in internships part time while taking classes.
- Full-time internships are possible, especially during the summer. Students seek local, national and international internships within organizations of all sizes, industries and types.
- Internships can be paid or not paid, for credit or no credit.
- Academic (for credit) internships are a three-way partnership between the educational instruction, the host organization, and the student interns.