Experiential Learning & Community Engagement
The Office of Experiential Learning & Community Engagement supports programs that empower CSB/SJU student to integrate and apply knowledge and theory gained in the classroom setting to a hands on learning environment, such that a deeper understanding is gained and demonstrated through clear learning outcomes. The office brings together students, faculty members, businesses, non-profit organizations and government partners to promote access to mutually beneficial partnerships through experiential learning opportunities.
What we do:
The Office of Experiential Learning & Community Engagement provides students with access to hands-on experiences that compliment and accompany ideas, theories, practices, and methods taught in the classroom.
Our office includes:
- The Bonner Leader Program
- Internship Program
- College of Saint Benedict Marie and Robert Jackson Fellows Program
- Service-Learning Program
- Undergraduate Research Program
2011 - 2012 Highlights
- 28 Bonner Leaders
- 20 CSB Marie and Robert Jackson Fellows
- 200 students participated in academic internship opportunities
- 640 students completed service-learning projects
- 160 students engaged in Undergraduate Research projects