Minnesota Private Colleges' Job & Internship Fair
February 20-21, 2013 ~ Minneapolis Convention Center
The Minnesota Private College Job & Internship Fair is geared toward sophomores and juniors seeking summer internships as well as provides current seniors an opportunity to get a jump on efforts to find employment upon graduation.
- Employers from over 100 organizations will be available to discuss potential internship and career opportunities within all academic disciplines
- Organizations represent the human service, nonprofit, government sectors, and for-profit/business organizations
- For students interested in Science: two panels of professionals discussing science-related careers.
Who can attend?
Any current sophomore, junior, or senior attending one of the 17 Minnesota Private Colleges who has attended an information meeting, registered, paid the fair fee, and followed the requirements of their university.
What types of jobs and internships will I find?
Past examples include: counseling, mental health, social work, political activism, public outreach, management, sales and marketing, accounting and auditing, government, technical, administrative and professional, computer programming and systems analysis, consulting, human resources, and retail. Current list of participating organizations. This list will be continuously updated through the date of the fair.
How to register for the Fair:
- Attend a Job and Internship Fair Information Session - sign up for Info Session on e-Link
- Resume critique with a Career Counselor - call #320-363-5707/#320-363-3236 for appointment
- Registration form, resume, and fee submitted to Career Services on your campus
- Uploading a resume to the MNPC's Resume Center
- Review Job Fair Preparation/Etiquette
Maximize Your Efforts:
- Send a customized resume and cover letter indicating your interest in their position prior to the Fair (to those employers accepting correspondence)
- Upload your resume to the MNPC's site; employers can view resumes and could arrange pre-select interviews with candidates
- The MNPC resume site should not be confused with E-link; before/after the fair, you will want to have your resume uploaded in our on-line career tool, E-link, as another method to link quality candidates with quality employers.