Referring Students To Career Services
Faculty and staff are an important source of referrals; numerous students access Career services based on such a referral.
Walk-in Service is suggested for quick questions, initial resume and cover letter reviews, assistance with practice interviewing, assistance with electronic Career resources including E-link and information about resources for choosing a major, exploring careers, graduate school, employment (summer, part-time, full-time positions), and full-time volunteering. Walk in hours.
Students can make individual career counseling appointments with one of the professional staff.
Services and resources:
• Helping students identity interests, skills, and values and connecting those to major and career options.
• Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and Strong Interest Inventory
• Helping students explore careers including via career programs (Career Exploration Series, Career EXPO, and more)
• Teaching resume writing, cover letter writing, interviewing, networking, portfolio, and career social media skills
• Connecting students with resources related to experiential learning (internships, undergraduate research, volunteer experiences, etc ...)
• Helping students learn how to conduct an effective job search and connecting students with employers (On-Campus Interviewing, Career Fairs)
• Teaching students about the graduate/professional school process and linking them to resources for graduate/professional school
• Assisting students with graduate/professional school materials including resumes, applications, and personal statements
• Teaching students about the full-time service process and linking them to resources for full-time volunteer opportunities
• Assisting students with full-time service materials including resumes, applications, essays, and statements
Monday - Friday
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Academic Services Building
St. Joseph, MN, 56374
Mary Hall #10
Collegeville, MN, 56321