Thank you for your commitment to this ministry. Plate holders should sign in at the sacristy at 5:45 p.m. If you are unable to be a plate holder on the day you are scheduled, please find a replacement and let our staff know as soon as possible.
Before the Eucharist:
- Sign-in on the ministry form in the gathering place by 5:45 p.m.
- Sit on the side where you are going to serve. It is recommended that the plate holder sits in the first few pews so that you are ready to move forward to hold the plate when the Eucharistic Minister gets to their assigned place.
During the Eucharist:
- Walk toward the bread distributor you have been assigned to immediately after the assembly says "Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof..."
- Hold the plate on the left side of the bread distributor.
- Be attentive and hold the plate close to the bread distributor to prevent crumbs from going onto the floor.
- Pick up crumbs if you notice that some dropped on the floor during the distribution of the Body of Christ.
- After all communicants have received communion, hold the plate while the Eucharistic Minister tears off a piece of bread for you, hand it back to them, and then receive the communion and take your seat.