Thank you for your commitment to this ministry. Greeters should be at the chapel before mass at 5:30 p.m. If you are unable to be a greeter on the day you are scheduled, please find a replacement and let our staff know as soon as possible.
Before the Eucharist
- Sign in on the ministry chart by 5:30 p.m.
- The two greeters welcome people and hand out worship aids at the doors to the chapel
- After the procession has entered the chapel for Eucharist, close the chapel doors
- Place a music stand, along with the sign directing people to enter the chapel through the side doors, with extra worship aids, about 6-10 feet in front of the chapel doors so late comers can help themselves
- Hospitality Ministers need to be attentive to late comers. Please sit in the last pews in the West nave to help late comers find places. Help late comers find a space to sit or lead them to sit behind the musicians/cantors when there is no space.
During the Eucharist - Collection of Money
- Wait until the reader finishes his/her announcement about the collection to hand out the baskets
- One greeter gives a basket to the person in both front rows in East nave and collects the baskets in the last row of the nave
- One greeter gives a basket to the person in the first row in the North transept and collects the basket in the last row of the transept
- One greeter gives a basket to the person in both front rows in West nave and collects the baskets in the last row of the nave
- The greeter from the West nave takes collection basket to the greeter in North transept.
- That greeter adds that basket to the collection from the North nave and then gives both baskets to the gift bearer carrying the large collection basket from the East nave during offering of gifts
- The collection basket is placed on the floor in front of the altar
- Two greeters stand out in the gathering place in front of the chapel doors as the recessional begins out of the church
- Open the chapel doors as the procession enters the West nave aisle and then return the music stand to the sacristy
- Stand by the chapel doors as everyone exits and collect the worship aids
- When the church is empty, check for worship aids left behind in the pews and pick up any litter
- Take the reserved signs out of the pews and put them in the sacristy
Note: This is a very important ministry because it sets the environment for the liturgy. The ministers of hospitality act like the hosts of a great banquet.