Alternative Spring Break Experiences
Break away from your comfort zone, raise your awareness of social issues and injustices such as poverty, racism, and environmental issues. Learn to integrate justice and service into your everyday life. Trip locations are across the United States and International. Some examples of the types of service and learning experiences we do at the sites are:
- Spanish immersion and cultural diversity.
- Helping in impoverished areas doing community work, building and restoring homes, schools etc.
- Helping the homeless and serving in soup kitchens.
- Education, helping disadvantaged youth, working with inner city children and tutoring adults.
- Seeking justice through non-violence, resistance training.
- Environmental and eco-justice.
"Open Hearts, Open Minds, Open Hands."
"ABE has definitely changed my life. The experiences I had and people I met have impacted me in an unforgettable way! The memories I made and laughs I shared could never be touched by Spring Break at the beach."