Note: The Climbing Wall is now administered by SJU Athletics. Contact them if you have any questions.
Come out to Saint John's University and accept the challenge the Climbing Wall has to offer. Whether you are a beginner or expert, it can provide the challenge you need.
The wall was built from the shell of two racquetball courts in the Warner Palaestra at Saint John's. The wall measures 40' high by 35' long and was built by Prairie Climbing Walls Inc. located in Rochester, MN.
Hours of Operation
Weekdays: 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Weekends: 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
*If the wall is going to be closed for any reason there will be a notification sent out or posted about a week in advance.
Summer Climbing Wall Hours
- Monday - Wednesday: 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Cosmic Climbing is a night of fun in the dark at the wall, black lights lite the routes. It offered occasionally throughout the year.
Women on the Wall
- Women on the Wall (WOW) is a time for only women to climb at the SJU climbing wall. This is to encourage women to use the wall.
- Climbing Cost: $8 (Free to CSB/SJU students with a valid ID)
- Shoe Rental: $2 (Free to CSB/SJU students with a valid ID)
- The Climbing Wall can be reserved for large groups. For more information, visit Groups.
- In addition, the Climbing Merit Badge Program is offered for groups of Boy Scouts.
Instructional Climbing Courses
- Never climbed before? Don't worry, the friendly staff from will take care of you and show you the ropes. In addition to an introduction, the Climbing Wall staff also offers classes to get better acquainted with the sport of climbing.
- All participants utilizing the Climbing Wall at Saint John's University must have a current release form available on the SJU Athletics website.
- If a participant is under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must read and sign the waiver before presenting it to the Climbing Wall staff.