Online Accounting Courses
CSB/SJU is offering two summer 2013 highly interactive online accounting courses:
- ACFN 330A-01A: Government & Nonprofit Accounting, 3 credits
Faculty Moderator - Michelle Lli-Kuehne
Principles of accounting and reporting for governmental units and not-for-profit institutions and organizations.
Prerequisite: Intermediate 1
- ACFN 339A-01A: International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), 3 credits
Faculty Moderator - Mary Jepperson
Study of the International Financial Reporting Standards, including all significant IFRS requirements and the accounting rules and implications surrounding transition to IFRS from US GAAP.
Prerequisite: Intermediate 2
Here are some of the particulars for the conduct of the 2013 summer online courses.
- Classes begin May 20th and end July 10, 2013 - seven weeks in total. There will be about 4 to 5 hours per week of 'class' time; along with your study and homework, students should plan to spend 10 to 14 hours a week on the course. 'Class' time will be quite interactive for an online course.
- We will provide a variety of Camtasia videos, electronic office hours (where we can chat face-to-face using technology) and live lectures, where students will have the ability to ask questions, just like an in-the-seat class.
- Given the various work schedules that students have, we will record all the live lectures. Thus, if students cannot 'attend', they shall view the material at their own schedule.
- Tuition is $330 per credit; the course is 3 credits. Students who are not currently enrolled at CSB/SJU are charged an additional $50 application fee.
Studentswill need an internet connection. Students should have a microphone for their computer (less than $10 expenditure) and a web cam. (as little as $4 to $10 dollars on the web.)